Best food to increase your sex drive: Enough about oysters, already! If you want to put some sizzle back into your sex life, food can help you set the mood. There’s nothing better than a romantic, home-cooked dinner, featuring some R-rated foods to help turn up the heat. “There’s a growing body of evidence that some of the vitamins and components in foods can enhance sexual function and sexual experience,” says Jennifer R. Berman, MD, the director of the Berman Women’s Wellness Center, in Beverly Hills, Calif.
- 10 attitudes ladies put up when they visit a guy they don’t want to sleep with
- 10 Nollywood actresses who allegedly smoke weed – this will shock you (photos)
- 5 types of ladies many guys are scared to date – #1 & #5 are no go area
Here are some of the food ingredients (and my own favorite recipes) that have been major players in aphrodisiac history and lore, and also have modern-day science to back up their claims.
The Aztecs referred to avocados as, ahem, testicles, because of their physical shape. But the scientific reason why avocados make sense as an aphrodisiac is that they are rich in unsaturated fats and low in saturated fat, making them good for your heart and your arteries. Anything that keeps the heart beating strong helps keep blood flowing to all the right places; in fact, men with underlying heart disease are twice as likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED).
Try these recipes:
• Seared Chicken With Avocado
• Adobe Marinated Flank Steak With Spinach Salad