In a bid to celebrate outstanding achievers, every year CONNECTIBADAN GROUP comes up with a list of the most influential people in Ibadan or that had an impact in Ibadan. 2016 was a very eventful year for us in Ibadan city. The city got a new feel in all areas – entertainment, arts, culture, tourism, sports etc. A lot of people worked so hard to put Ibadan on the map. In no particular rank, CONNECTIBADAN present to you Top 30 Most Influential people in Ibadan for 2016
- Rotimi Ige: Popularly known as Roy. He is the CEO of ROY MEDIA and Entertainment Anchor at the Tribune Newspapers. He has had his impact on almost all successful events in the city. Even if this list was ranked, he might probably still rank first. This man did a whole lot to keep a constant exposure of Ibadan city. Kudos to him
- Tony Rowland Awobode (Don T): CEO of RockTof Media. He is an on air personality, event manager, brand influencer and a passionate adventurous biker. He is also a regional judge in the MTN Project Fame West Africa. Don T has done so much to bring recognition to Ibadan. He’s your Go-To man.
- Tolu Oluwo (Mr Top-Notch): CEO of Trogworld Logistics. This man is undoubtedly one of the young people who made an impact in 2016 from the beginning to the end of the year. His partnership with LeadCity Fm has seen the radio station enjoy high profile guests on its various programmes. Mr. Top-Notch is surely one person to watch out for in 2017
- Olawoyin Smile: CEO Smile Photography and Smile Documentary TV. He is an award winning documentary photographer that has travelled far and wide. He has worked with the high and mighty in Nigeria. In December, he was crowned Africa’s Best Documentary Photographer by the African Stock Media. Thats some big ups to Ibadan City
- Wole Sawe: CEO Xquisit Events Management. An Alumni of LEAP Africa, He owns the best ushering outfit in Ibadan and undoubtedly one of the top 10 in Nigeria. You cannot but notice his ushers when you see them. Wole Sawe has done so much especially for young entrepreneurs who look up to him. With interest and stakes in the events, entrepreneurship and beauty pageant fields, Wole is surely one of the most influential persons in Ibadan City. In October, he was awarded by JCI as one of the top 10 Outstanding Young Persons in Nigeria.
- Kunle Adegbesan (Whatsupibadan): The brain behind whatsupibadan.com. This great man has done a whole lot to put Ibadan on the map. From news, gists, events, etc., he makes sure we never miss out on happenings in the city. He is one of the most influential social media powerhouse in Ibadan.
- Segun Ogundipe (Lafup): One of the early lords of Comedy in the city of Ibadan. Co-anchor on ‘Alibaba Seriously’ and Anchor of Maltina Dance All Lafup has planted his feet solidly in the comedy sector in Nigeria. With Two Solid Shows in 2016 (The Circus held in Lagos Sept 25, 2016 and Get Marked held in Ibadan Dec. 26, 2016) he has become just one of the very few comedians that have climbed to that comedy ‘Hall of Fame”. Asides comedy, lafup is into dog breeding, supply of security wrist bands for events and hopes to be a lecturer soon. How exhilarating!!
- Oluwasegunfunmi Adedeji: CEO exclusiveicaretv and one of the best cinematographers in the city. He has managed to carve out a niche for himself as the foremost ‘entertainment’ photography brand in Ibadan city. He was recently recognized by Screams Awards as the Photography Brand of the Year. He has also contributed to the development of Ibadan city and Nigeria as a whole through his pet projects – Sapphire’s Diary and Back-To-School Project.
- Babatunmise Agboola: Babatunmise has come a long way. Popularly referred to as Ibadan’s Priest of praise. There’s never a dull moment with this Gospel artiste. 2016 was a very good year for him with the Launch of his debut Album ‘Ogo Ola’ on October 30th, 2016. The event was top-notch attracting people from all works of life. Babatunmise has managed to be a top force to reckon with when it comes to gospel music in Ibadan and beyond.
- Ronke Giwa Onafuwa: 2016 was a particularly good year for the Splash FM award winning OAP as she got engaged and had her traditional and white wedding same year. Ronke Giwa has set the pace in which radio show biz is being run. She is a regional judge of the MTN Project Fame West Africa. Good enough, who she is on radio is who she is off radio. She is a mentor to many young ladies. Some years ago, she started a mentorship program “Who’s That Girl”. 2017 Edition will be held on Sunday January 15th at Jogor Centre, Ibadan by 2pm.
- Favour Essang: CEO of House of Dexterity, arguably the best decoration company in Ibadan and one of the best in Nigeria and Africa (No Jokes). He does décor in Dubai, France, Italy, name it! He’s the real definition of “Ibadan to the world”. You can attest to his creativity and originality with the way he transformed Agodi gardens pool area on the 24th of December, 2016 for the Ibadan Countdown Festival.
- Owomoyela Nifemi (Peteru): The Comedy jagaban of Oyo state. A very talented comedian, OAP at Naija FM Ibadan and Host of Weekly Comedy Lounge at Mauve21. Peteru featured at the biggest shows of 2016 and really made Ibadan proud. He was the only comedian in Ibadan who had 2 major Sold out Shows in 2016 – Peteru Unleashed in February and The Emergence in October. Watch out for Peteru this year 2017
- The Cymbals Dance Group: (Olatundun, Adetoun and Dex) one of the best dance groups in Ibadan. They made us proud in 2016. Every show with them on stage is a killer! They are recipients of many awards and have performed at big events parading the who’s who in the society. They have performed on the same stage with A List Nigerian artistes thus helping to showcase what Ibadan city can offer to the world. Thumb ups Cymbals!
- Ademola Ajibola (Moreklue): CEO of Moreklue Group and the brain behind MAYA Awards and PlayHauz Tv. Ademola has made so much impact in the media and events sector. He was very instrumental to the success of OSMD network, a Youth Empowerment Summit that brought together leaders from various walks of life to share their experiences to young people starting off.
- Deejay Banky: A very top-notch Deejay you can’t just do but dance to his beats. No wonder he’s the top choice of many A List events in Ibadan and Lagos. Dj Banky has supported many irrespective of affiliations. A source of inspiration to many upcoming Deejays, watch out for him this year, something big is coming from him.
- Lanre Onasanya: Popularly known as Aunty Lanre, Co-Author of bestselling book “Blue Skies Red Seas” and Founder, AUNTY LANRE INITIATIVE which caters for the needs of Children especially orphans and the less privilege ones. The Ibadan Orphanage Tour, just one out of the many platforms which she uses to reach out to these children has been very successful and has helped improved the living condition of the children.
- Lam Adesina (Omo Oloore): Former Commissioner for Youth & Sports, Oyo state, Former Commissioner for Industry, Science & Technology, Oyo State and Current Member, Federal House of Representatives. Dapo’s passion to bring about positive change in the society has seen him rise steadily in politics and governance. A natural giver who ensures that his people are adequately represented at the federal level. He made so much impact with his much noticeable projects within his constituency. He’s one lawmaker that keeps making us proud
- Adedamola Layade (Damouche): Managing partner and Principal consultant at Hams Universal Consulting. He’s a unique problem solver and always has a top-notch method of fixing things. Producer of A List Events like Christmas Carol 2016 and Ibadan Countdown Festival 2016, Damouche has surely done a lot to upgrade entertainment events to be on par with similar events done in Lagos.
- Akeeb Lawal: CEO of Gberatinrin Studios, popularly known as GTS. His record label is one with a strong voice and force in Ibadan. His quarterly show ‘REP YOUR HOOD’ has helped to bring many upcoming artiste to limelight. The last edition held at African Shrine in Lagos helped to reaffirm the fact that the entertainment industry in Ibadan is a force to reckon with in Nigeria.
- Ibe Kenneth (@i_pissvodka): CEO of iPissMedia and probably the funniest guy on twitter Nigeria. His timeline is never boring. He has this sweet and funny way of conveying important messages. Every tweet is always accompanied by thousands of retweets. He made it into the SIGNAL List of Nigeria’s Top 16 Twitter Influencers of 2016. Proudly Ibadan!!!
- Ojobaro Babatunde (Mr Rain): A talented MC, OAP (space fm) and producer of ASPII (another stage play in Ibadan). His efforts at re-awakening the love for stage plays was recognized when #AnotherStagePlayInIbadan was featured in the latest edition of The Lagos Literary and Arts Journal. Watch out for Mr. Rain this year 2017.
- Gbenga Adeyinka D 1st: The man that makes every Easter Sunday in Ibadan one to look forward to with excitement. His Show “Laffmattazz” the most consistent A Grade Comedy show in Ibadan comes with a unique concept at each edition which makes even the largest hall in Ibadan filled to overflowing.
- Agbaje Adewale: Managing Partner at Hams Universal Consulting, Nigeria. Producer of A List Events like Christmas Carol 2016 and Ibadan Countdown Festival 2016, Agbaje has pitched himself a force to reckon with when it comes to producing top-notch events.
- Bayegun Oluwatoyin (Woli Arole): A fast rising comedian in Nigeria. His performance at Ventura’s second anniversary in May 2016 cannot be forgotten in a hurry. His quick rise to stardom can be attributed to his unique comedy style. Loved by many celebrities, Arole keeps getting better each passing day. His skits on Instagram gets lots of views and likes. More importantly, he’s passing a message and touching lives through them
- Babajide Fadoju: The Special Adviser to Governor Ajimobi on New/Digital Media. A tech savvy individual who has a passion to celebrate transparency in governance. He bears the burdens of the youth and sources for ways the government can help out. 2016 was particularly impactful from him as he used the power of social media to serve as a bridge between the government and the masses.
- Ayoade Olusegun (KJ Sheggs): KJ Sheggs, a grand master of karaoke events in Nigeria has managed to run great karaoke shows back to back during the year. The karaoke master took a leap further this year by organizing the first ever karaoke tour/Battle of the OAPs. The event gave an opportunity to see talented OAPs who could have “blown” if there were into music.
- Gavaar Olatunbosun Popoola (Dj Gavpop): A very talented, creative and award winning Deejay from Ibadan. He is NBMA Nigeria’s Best DJ. Earlier in 2016, he made Ibadan proud by winning the Best Deejay in Nigeria at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016.
- Jare Fola-Bolumole (Choc Boy): He is the host of the biggest chocolate party in Nigeria – The Choc Party which holds in Ibadan every boxing day. From a small beginning some years ago, the choc boy brand has grown in popularity and has come to be recognized as makers of one of the best chocolates in the country.
- Prince Oduaboi: Prince is the CEO of OB Events and Security. He provides private guards for all kinds of events. He has brought uniqueness in the private securities sector which has made him a stakeholder as far as security is concerned for events in Ibadan. He is also an entertainment merchant. In 2016, Prince facilitated many endorsement deals for worthy people in Ibadan City
- Mrs Adeleke Abiodun: Founder, Ibadan Entrepreneurs Network. In 2016, she was at the forefront of supporting and empowering entrepreneurs in Ibadan city. She also organized the business and networking day during the Ibadan countdown festival 2016. She did impact a lot of lives entrepreneurially in the city and deserves to be on this list.
As usual CONNECTIBADAN also have the Top 10 Social Media Gurus in Ibadan
In no particular rank
- @i_pissvodka www.ipissmedia.com.ng
- @bhadoosky www.bhadoosky.com
- @connectibadan www.connectibadan.com
- @whatsupibadan www.whatsupibadan.com
- @Sir_kenayo www.sirkenayo.com
- @vozempire www.vozempire.com
Follow CONNECTIBADAN ON Twitter and Instagram @connectibadan